Add the finishing touch to your interior design with a stylish hallway runner rug!
Runner rugs are the unsung heroes of the rug world! While runner rugs are primarily for functionality, they’re also an easy way to spruce up your hallways and add a touch of class to transition spaces — runners can create a cohesive style in your home by connecting colour schemes and patterns between rooms.
With a vast array of hallway runners available online, it’s easy to spruce up your home. Choose from a wide variety of weaves, patterns and styles to invigorate or smarten up your halls, floors and stairs.
Browse through our collection of rug hallway runners and check out online for fast, free shipping on orders over $300. We offer convenient payment options like Zippay, Zipmoney and Afterpay, so you can shop and decorate now and worry about payment later!
What is a hallway runner?
Hallway runners are long, narrow rugs designed to protect hallways, staircases, entryways, mudrooms and narrower spaces in your home. Hallway runners are often used to protect the floor from dirt and debris that can be tracked in from outside, but they also add a touch of style and decoration to the space.
When deciding a hall runner, it is important to consider the size of the space. Hallway runners come in various sizes, so it’s important to find one that will fit well in the space. It’s also important to consider the traffic in the hallway — if it’s likely to see a lot of foot traffic, we recommend choosing a durable material that can withstand heavy use. For example, rugs made with natural fibres like jute are less water resistant and more likely to stain, so they’re a better fit for low-traffic areas.
How to choose the perfect runner rug for your space
A hallway runner is a great way to add style and functionality to your space. But with so many different styles and designs available, how do you choose the right one for your home? Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a hallway runner:
- Size — The first thing to consider is the size of your hallway. You'll want to ensure that the runner is wide enough to fit comfortably in the space but not so large that it overwhelms the space and creates a trip hazard. Choose a size that will allow for easy movement through the space.
- Material — Another important consideration is the material of the runner. If your hallway gets a lot of foot traffic, you'll want to choose a durable material that can withstand wear and tear. Wool or synthetic runners are a good choice for high-traffic areas.
- Pattern — Hallway runners are a clever way to connect two spaces and create a cohesive theme throughout your home. Runner rugs come in a variety of patterns, so you're guaranteed to find one that suits your style. If you have a busy hallway, opt for a simpler design. If your hallway is more relaxed, you can go for a bolder pattern.
- Colour — Whether you’re placing a runner rug in the hallway or on your staircase, it’s bound to see quite a lot of foot traffic in its lifetime. To reduce the amount of cleaning required, we recommend opting for a darker coloured runner rug to conceal the build-up of dirt and debris. Of course, you should always try to vacuum your rug once a week (or every now and then) regardless!
With these things in mind, you're sure to find the perfect hallway runner for your home. Shop our collection of hallway runners today!
FAQs about our range of runner rugs
- How do I care for a hallway runner?
Caring for your hallway runner is relatively easy. Just vacuum it on a regular basis to remove dirt and debris. You may also need to spot-clean it from time to time, using a mild detergent and warm water. Be sure to dry the runner completely after cleaning to prevent mildew or mould from forming.
Be sure to clean your floor runner more regularly if it’s placed in front of entryways – for example, the front door or back door. These rugs are likely to attract more dirt and debris from outside.
- How long will it take my runner rug to arrive?
Transit times vary based on your location. To get an ETA, simply go to any product page and enter your postcode and suburb into our shipping calculator!
- Can I track my order in transit?
Of course! You will receive tracking details via email once your order has been shipped so you can track your delivery.
- Do I have to be home to accept my order?
You can give the courier authority to live the order somewhere safe at your address if you aren’t home (just leave a note at the checkout). However, it’s important to note that we cannot take responsibility for any damage or theft if you have given the courier authority to leave the order. With this in mind, we recommend having someone home to accept the order on your behalf. Alternatively, the courier can leave a calling card at your address so you can pick up your new runner rug from the local post office.
- Do I qualify for free shipping?
We offer free shipping on orders over $300, but there are some exceptions e.g. regional areas, exceptionally large orders, etc. Please see our shipping policy for more information about shipping costs, or visit any product page to access our free shipping calculator.
Shop hallway runners online and add a touch of cosiness and class to your home
Hallway runners are a wonderful way to adorn and protect entranceways, stairwells and any high-traffic areas of your home. Whether you have hardwood floors, tiles or even carpet, a floor runner can protect your surfaces and liven up your hallways. They add traction, cosiness and warmth and work perfectly for transforming small areas too.
Bring instant class, character and comfort to your hallways by shopping our exclusive range of carpet runners today. Enjoy free shipping for products over $300, fast delivery and flexible payment options too!