Add warmth and energy to your home with a vibrant orange rug
If you’re looking to add some sunshine to your home (even in the dreariest of weather), you can’t go wrong with a vibrant orange rug! The colour orange is associated with warmth, happiness, determination, health, freedom and expression, all rolled into one exceptionally positive colour to add to your interior design.
At Rug.com.au, we stock some of the most stunning orange rugs available on the market! From rustic burnt orange rugs to geometric patterns, Moroccan rugs, soft fringes and so much more, we have orange rugs to suit almost any space.
Browse through our extensive collection of orange rugs online today! We offer fast and free shipping on orders over $300 as well as flexible payment options like Afterpay, Zippay, Google Pay and Apple Pay.
The history of the orange minerals and dyes used to create our rugs
Of course, we all know and love orange fruit, but where did orange paints and dyes come from? It might never have crossed your mind, but the colour orange has a long history in our world’s culture!
Ancient Egyptian artists used an orange mineral pigment called realgar for tomb paintings — this soft mineral occurs in monoclinic crystals which can form into large clusters of scarlet precious gemstones. The same stunning pigment was later used for manuscripts written by medieval artists.
Orange pigments were also made in ancient times from a mineral called orpiment, a naturally golden-yellow hue that alchemists loved! Alchemists actually thought that orpiment held the secret to creating gold and was traded throughout the Roman Empire. However, after the 19th century, artists stopped using and trading orpiment due to its high toxicity.
Eventually, the colour orange became important for impressionist painters like Claude Monet. Possibly the most well-known use of the colour orange was Vincent Van Gogh, who used orange and yellow to represent the pure sunlight of Provence. He created his own orange mixtures using yellow, ochre and red.
You might even catch a glimpse of orange in his most famous painting, Starry Night!
How to style an orange rug in any space
There are a million and one different ways to style an orange rug based on the hue! For example, bright orange rugs can add warmth and energy to the room, whereas burnt orange rugs feel earthier and more rustic. Meanwhile, peach coloured rugs add a calming atmosphere to the room, thanks to their sweet, feminine appearance.
Here are a few tips and recommendations for styling an orange rug, no matter the hue!
Bright orange rugs
Bright orange rugs are a real head-turner in any home. The citrusy colour adds a pop of energy to the space, so it works well with sleek, modern furniture. Think black, white or grey furniture, glossy finishes and hints of gold in your wall art, vases and accessories.
If you’re looking for contrasting colours that complement one another, consider adding a touch of turquoise to the room. The mixture of blue and orange has an almost Moroccan vibe — if this sounds incredible, hang Moroccan lanterns and opt for white tassels, candles, knitted throw blankets and pillows in a range of colours.
We recommend keeping bright orange rugs out of the bedroom. It’s such a high energy colour when all you want to do is sleep!
Peach rugs are much softer and blend almost seamlessly into any space! For a feminine touch, add a peach coloured rug to rooms with white or cream coloured walls and in the living room, decorate with white leather couches, silver, rose gold and porcelain accessories, and don’t forget a vase packed with your favourite flowers.
Peach rugs also blend well with bohemian-inspired themes — if this is more your style, opt for wicker chairs and natural timber furniture, tassels, macrame wall art and lots of candles.
Burnt orange rugs
Burnt orange rugs pair well with dark, rustic pieces and wood furniture, creating a dynamic yet sophisticated mood. Don’t go overboard with black furniture and accessories — it might start to feel a little too much like Halloween!
Orange is a common colour when it comes to Moroccan rugs. Take our Inti Moroccan Striped Fringed Rug, for example — mixing orange, shades of blue and creamy whites, this rug adds a softness to the room, whether it’s the living room, the sunroom or even the dining room. Mix tasselled Moroccan rugs with wicker furniture, light timbers and lots of indoor plants for an all-natural atmosphere.
Traditional rugs draw inspiration from either Oriental or Persian patterns or European and Victorian styles. These rugs have ornate and intricate patterns with soft orange motifs like our Seth Contemporary Medallion Rug — this distressed-style rug showcases contemporary colours mixed with traditional designs, making it the focal point of any room! Lay this rug under your coffee table or dining room table for a cosy atmosphere that’s traditional and contemporary at the same time.
Our durable orange rug materials
To keep costs down for our customers, the vast majority of our orange rugs are made from durable polypropylene, a synthetic material that imitates other natural fibres like wool, cotton and jute. Our synthetic rugs look exactly like the real deal while keeping the price low for you!
Here are some of the many benefits of synthetic rugs:
- Incredible softness — As we mentioned earlier, synthetic rugs are designed to have the same look and feel as natural fibres. They’re extra soft and offer just the right amount of comfort for spaces like living rooms, bedrooms and dining rooms.
- Extra durable — Synthetic rugs are made to withstand extreme weather, messes, spills and scratches! The fibres easily bounce back from everyday wear and tear, so they can be used in both indoor and outdoor spaces as well as high traffic areas like hallways and entryways. They’re even great for kid's rooms and playrooms where spills and mess are almost guaranteed!
- Weatherable — Polypropylene is highly stain-resistant and will not grow mildew or fade when exposed to outdoor elements so you can easily place a synthetic rug on your deck or in your alfresco area.
- Easy to clean — Synthetic rugs are very easy to wash thanks to the remarkable properties of polypropylene. The synthetic fibre is water-resistant so you can easily wash away spills, food stains, mud and paints etc. You can also vacuum clean your rug to remove dirt that clings to the fibres and sits at its base.
- Will not fade — You can place your new orange rug in direct sunlight without worrying about fading. The synthetic materials will remain intact so you can even place an orange rug in a warm sunroom.
Browse through our collection of orange rugs made from synthetic materials — you can rely on a synthetic rug for a lifetime!
How to care for an orange rug
Because our orange rugs are made from synthetic materials, they are incredibly easy to clean. You don’t have to worry about colours fading or water leaving marks in the fibres — the synthetic fibres will remain intact and as vibrant as ever.
Here are a few quick tips for cleaning and caring for your orange rug.
- Vacuum your rug every other day. Professional homemaker, Martha Stewart, recommends running a vacuum over rugs in high-traffic areas eight to 12 times – work back and forth across the rug, then go up and down, making four to six passes over the rug in each direction.
- Clean spills as they happen. Blot spills with an absorbent paper towel or a rag. Make sure not to rub as this can grind the stain into the fibres further. Keep blotting until there’s no more liquid to absorb.
- Use one part vinegar and one part water to tackle tougher stains. Spray the stain with your vinegar solution, wait 15 minutes and blot the stain again with a paper towel or a rag. If any soils remain, repeat the process!
- Have your rug professional cleaned every six months. If you want a really deep clean, take your synthetic rug to a professional. They will ensure all the deep dirt and debris that you can’t see is cleaned out.
- Use special grease remover for grease stains. These stains can be tough to remove but you can find specially formulated grease remover solutions from your local rug store or supermarket.
If you need tips on how to clean other kinds of rug materials, make sure to check out our blog on How To Wash Rugs. Here, we provide a huge range of tips for jute rugs, cowhide rugs, wool rugs and more.
FAQs about orange rugs and shopping online with Rug.com.au
- What are your orange rugs made of?
Our rugs are made from polypropylene, a durable synthetic material that imitates natural fibres like wool, silk and cotton. Our rugs look and feel like the real thing while keeping costs down for you!
- Will my orange rug fade?
No! Thanks to the synthetic materials, your rug will remain vibrant and stunning for years to come. However, we do recommend vacuuming your rug every other day to ensure the fibres remain clean and bright.
- I want a mix of rug colours in my home. What do you recommend?
If you’re looking for other rug colours to add to your home that still complement your orange rug, take a look at our range of red, brown and burgundy rugs. These warm, rich colours work together with orange for a moodier, earthier atmosphere in your home. Matched with gold and metallic accessories, your home will feel like a luxurious inn or a 1960/70s boho dream!
If you’re looking for something softer and more contemporary for your home, opt for lighter coloured rugs like tans and ivories. Matched with peach or burnt orange rugs, a tan or ivory rug will add a certain elegance to your interior design with minimal effort required.
- Do I qualify for free shipping?
We offer free shipping on orders over $300. If your order doesn’t meet this threshold, you can enter your delivery details into our shipping calculator on the product page. We’ll provide an instant shipping quote based on your location and the size/weight of your order.
- How long will it take for my new orange rug to arrive?
Transit times tend to vary based on your location. To get an ETA for your rug delivery, simply enter your postcode and suburb into the shipping calculator on any product page. We’ll provide a price and an ETA for delivery. Please note that transit times could be longer over Christmas as some warehouses, depots and courier companies close for the holidays.
- Do I have to be home to accept my delivery?
We recommend being home to accept your delivery, yes. If you are not home, the courier will leave a calling card so that you can either pick up your items from the local post office or reorganise delivery. You can give us the authority to leave your delivery at your door during the checkout process but we do not recommend it. Neither Rug.com.au nor the courier company can be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- Can you ship to my PO box?
Unfortunately, we cannot ship to PO box addresses because we will need you to sign for your delivery.
- Can I track my delivery?
Absolutely! We will provide tracking details as soon as your order is shipped so you can keep an eye on your items in transit.
- I entered the wrong address! What do I do?
If you accidentally entered the wrong address while checking out and the item has already been dispatched, you will need to contact the courier company to correct the address. Unfortunately, if the item is delivered to the wrong address, we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage. However, if the item is marked “return to sender”, you can choose to redeliver the items to the correct address. Simply get in touch with the courier company to discuss your options.
- Can I pay via Afterpay or Zippay?
Yes! We offer a wide range of flexible, secure payment methods including Afterpay, Zippay, Google Pay, Apple Pay and PayPal. We also accept other payment methods like American Express, VISA and Mastercard.
Shop a huge range of orange rugs online today!
Found the perfect orange rug to compliment your home? Check out online for fast and affordable shipping Australia-wide! We offer free shipping on orders over $300 as well as flexible payment options like Zippay and Afterpay, so you can start decorating now and pay later.